How To Get Followers On Twitter (Best Way Guaranteed)
Free Social Media Training Tip For Small Business Owners
How to get followers on Twitter? How to use Twitter for small business and how to get more followers on Twitter are the two most frequently asked questions I get from local small business owners to me and entrepreneurs who book my popular free consultations in the Shropshire area of the UK.
It seems Twitter still holds a fascination for most small business owners today when it comes to increasing their reach, making great connections, building their network and building their brand using social media.
Twitter is still the best platform in the social media space for PR, News and the ability to use the @mention feature that can literally put you in front of anyone on a daily basis.
It’s also a conversation tool preferred by celebrities who can simply share an update directly from their smart phone making it immensely personal and cutting edge.
Twitter is still the #1 tool on the web for the latest News from around the world and it’s still a brilliant social media platform for small business owners and entrepreneurs who use it effectively to get more targeted followers on Twitter.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Twitter is still the #1 tool on the web for the latest News from around the world” quote=”Twitter is still the #1 tool on the web for the latest News from around the world” theme=”style1″]
1. Start By Finding The Top Influencers In Your Niche
If you have been in your niche for a few years, the chances are you will know quite a few of the top influencers but I guarantee you will not know them all.
The easiest way to find out who the top influencers are in your niche is to use:-
This brilliant site will help you in many ways but for now let’s focus on how to get followers on Twitter with the emphasis on QUALITY over quantity. You ideally need to attract like minded followers and especially active followers to help establish good connections and build your network.
- Sign up for a free account at rightrelevance.com
- Enter a keyword or search term in the top right hand side of the page.
*NB make a note of all the related topics that show up in the RELATED TOPICS area directly beneath the search box for future use and to use to cross reference other influencers
2. Next Select The Influencers Tab
To find the top influencers in your niche select the INFLUENCERS tab from the menu and start following any of the influencers you are not already following.
Start by following 10 per day until you have followed all of the ones you resonate with.
This is the easiest way to start following the right connections and learning from people who are at the top of their game in your niche.
One of the benefits of social media is that you can literally see and follow everything top people in your niche “do” so that you can start to piece together your own social media strategy for your business by following a great example and then making it your own.
The focus is on connections and growing your network.
3. Daily Activities On A Consistent Basis Is The #1 Best Way Get More Followers On Twitter
The best way to grow your Twitter following and get more Twitter followers is to do something every day.
Twitter is going to restrict you on how many people you can follow each day but by following 20 -30 like-minded people every day you can build your following by 1,000 new followers a month.
I personally follow the original Twitter etiquette of if someone follows you, then follow back (with the obvious exceptions of weird, odd, naked or psycho looking Twitter profiles) but I certainly would recommend that Twitter is all about connectivity so connect!
Other daily activities you should be focused on making part of your daily networking routine include:-
- Follow 10 influencer Twitter accounts.
- Like 10 Tweets on Twitter every day.
- Review and respond to all messages, comments and direct messages (where appropriate)
- Actively seek out great content to share.
- Recommend people using the #FF or #FollowFriday Twitter trend.
- Thank people for RT’s, mentions or shares.
- Study and make note of which hashtags are used most often by people in your niche.
- If you are growing a network locally search by location to connect with people in your local network too.
- Post great original content.
- Use the @mention function to attract influencers attention to something you shared that may mention them in a positive way or quote them. An RT from one of them can be very influential to you too.
4. The Best Tip I’ve Ever Seen About How To Get More Followers On Twitter
Obviously people are not going to follow you back if you never post anything or if what you post is not attractive to your ideal clients, customers or potential connections but in general one of the best tips I’ve ever used for building a Twitter following is to:-
Follow at least 20-30 people today who are already following one of the top influencers in your niche.
For example one of the stand out heroine’s in my niche is the beautiful and very talented Ali Brown.
I’ve been following her for years but the principle is the same in any niche.
- Go to your top influencers Twitter profile.
- Select the “Followers” tab.
- Carefully start adding 20-30 people from the Followers of your top influencers Twitter profile.
- For best results go to each profile and make sure they are active on Twitter.
Chances are they will follow you back (which is where your social media strategy comes into play.)
5. Bonus Tip!
If you use Hootsuite to manage Twitter (and if you don’t use it yet, you should, it’s brilliant!).
You can create a Twitter List for all your top influencers within your Twitter account.
Then simply add a new stream to your Hootsuite dashboard for all the updates from your top influencers list and voila you have a handy way to follow what they are all doing on a day to day basis to grow their Twitter fan base and their brand.
Summary On How To Get More Followers On Twitter
- Growing your Twitter following the right way is a daily essential task as you grow your social media presence.
- Twitter will restrict how many people you can add every day as an anti-spam measure. (Good on you Twitter!)
- Use http://www.rightrelevance.comto find top infleuncers in your niche this is super important to get more followers on Twitter.
- Follow as many as you need to and for a bonus tip create a list on Twitter and add the stream from that list in Hootsuite to learn from and engage with.
- Look to build your following naturally at around 20-30 people a day. It’s about connections first not numbers or vanity metrics that won’t help you build your brand in the long run.
To your online marketing success!
Diane Cossie, Creative Online Marketing Ltd