Facebook business pages are hands down one of the most important tools in your business today.
They help create implied trust and help build your brand when you put in the time and effort to build your audience consistently over time.
Check some of the Facebook business page tips and tricks below and give your Facebook business page a bit of a makeover at the same time.
We are all busy small business owners and entrepreneurs today with a lot of “extras” to manage on top of the day to day running of your business.
Those social media profiles you set up a little while ago can quickly go stale and out of date if you don’t check them on a monthly or quarterly basis.
To help you remember to manage these essential platforms for your business today and to offer some inspiration at the same time, feel free to check out my YouTube Channel for free digital, social media and content marketing tips every week.
Update Your Facebook Business Page Cover
When was the last time you checked your Facebook Business page cover was up to date?
A couple of months can go by in a flash and Facebook business page covers can quickly become out of date (especially promotional ones)
Work Intelligently Tip! Use a smart app like WUNDERLIST to create a monthly reminder to drop by & refresh your Facebook business page cover. It’s a great habit to forge.
Even though I sound like a broken record by now, CANVA.COM is your best online friend for creating images.
(It’s completely revolutionized every image on my website and social media (I frequently receive great comments on Instagram about them ❤ I literally cannot recommend it highly enough!) 🎉🎉🎉
Creating A New Facebook Business Page Cover Image
Head over to CANVA.COM and open a free account if you haven’t already got one and select the Facebook Cover template.
It’s already the right size at 820px x 312px so you can’t go wrong!
And it will show you some pretty good templates you can tweak and use for yourself too!
Some tips for your design:-
- Keep it simple and eye catching.
- Have your website url and name on there somewhere.
- If you use a hashtag, think about adding that too.
- Be on brand! (See this tutorial if you need some help with that)
- Set the tone for what new visitors can expect from your content.
- Add an intriguing or unique quote to enhance what you do.
- Say Welcome To My Page!
Get Creative With Your Facebook Business Page Cover
Facebook business page covers do not have to be static images!
Click on the CAMERA icon on the top left hand corner of your Facebook business page to see the drop down menu of all the OPTIONS Facebook offers you to get creative with.
Facebook allow you to create a SLIDESHOW or VIDEO too!
How cool is that!
To create a Facebook business page SLIDESHOW simply select the EDIT SLIDESHOW option and you can then add other images to your Facebook Business page cover to showcase your business or tell a story.
To Create A Facebook Business Page Video Cover …
Check out this video tutorial and follow along the steps on the blog post I created that goes with the video.
Next Add A Description To Your Facebook Business Page Cover
MARKET BRILLIANTLY TIP! Don’t miss the opportunity to add a description to your Facebook Cover so that people who click on the image can find out more about you! AND KEEP A COPY on Evernote or on your computer to copy & paste it when you change the cover again.
This little screen capture video will show you where to add your description.
Some tips for your description might include:-
- Introduce yourself, your business and say “Hello!”
- Tell visitors a little bit about you, and how your business can potentially help them.
- Add in links to any LEAD MAGNETS or PROMOTIONS you are running.
- Make sure there is a link back to your website.
- Write it as if you were talking to someone.
- Give some great reasons why someone should follow your page!
Don’t Forget The Big Blue Button!
Immediately below your Facebook business cover is a BLUE BUTTON that when viewed on a smart phone covers the entire screen.
It’s designed to help people find out more about you, including options such as:-
- Make a booking with you.
- Contact you.
- Learn more about your business.
- Shop with you or make a donation.
- Download your app.
- Join your community.
This little screen capture video shows you where the button is located and how to edit & make your selection.
With one of Facebook’s 2019 prime takeaways from it’s vision for Facebook for the future being about the importance of privacy and Facebook Groups, if you have a Facebook Group it’s probably a good idea to use that option for your BLUE BUTTON.
If You’re Enjoying These Bite-Sized Tips And How-To’s You’ll Love This!
We are all in an online business today and the more we can help support one another and share our tips and tricks the better for all.
So feel free to check out my YouTube Channel for digital, social media and content marketing tips every week.
Sharpening The Saw – One Of The 7 Habits Of Highly Successful People
If you’ve never come across the phrase “Sharpening The Saw” before it’s a famous story with a simple but powerful message behind it that goes something like this:-
A woodcutter was trying and failing to saw down a tree. A young man who was watching asked “What are you doing?”
“Are you blind?” the woodcutter replied. “I’m cutting down this tree.”
The young man was unabashed. “You look exhausted! Take a break. Sharpen your saw.”
The woodcutter explained to the young man that he had been sawing for hours and did not have time to take a break.
The young man pushed back… “If you sharpen the saw, you would cut down the tree much faster.”
The woodcutter said “I don’t have time to sharpen the saw. Don’t you see I’m too busy?”
And there lies the problem that is years old that is still applicable to our every day today.
We are busy busy busy ALL the time. It’s relentless.
But as we being productive with that time?
You’ll get to where you are going 10x faster.
- Freshening and changing up your Facebook Business Page Cover every month or whenever you have a promotion is good practice.
- Get creative with some of the other options Facebook allow such as a SLIDESHOW or a VIDEO.
- Add a description to your Facebook cover.
- Make sure you have a good call to action set up with the blue button immediately below your cover image.
- Sharpen the Saw every month in one area of your business with my free digital, social media and content marketing tips every week. Subscribe here to my YouTube Channel and I look forward to helping you grow your business online!
To your digital marketing & social media success!