Note from Diane: Facebook marketing for small business is very often completely misunderstood and yet it holds keys that can unlock a steady stream of visitors to your website and leads and sales for ANY business.
The online world is constantly changing so it's always best policy to find mentors and training courses that are up to date especially when it comes to social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
Facebook is primarily a relationship platform not an advertising platform like Google Adwords and it's a bit of a wild stallion to tame at the start when everything will seem alien to you.
But once you get over the initial bumps and curves you'll find nothing compares to what Facebook marketing can offer your business in 2016 and beyond as it continues to offer better targeting in better ways than any other media platform in the world.
But we all have to start somewhere and get really comfortable with the basics, hence my quick overview that will help you get to grips with Facebook marketing for your business using my Top 10 Facebook Marketing Tips below.
Feature Article :Top 10 Facebook Marketing Tips
Why Facebook Is At The Top Of Your Marketing Funnel Today
The “old days” of marketing (in the online marketing space “back in the day” is about 2010-2012 by the way) the best advice we had was summed up in 5 words ..
“Drive traffic to your website”
And it worked!
Sure if you did a Google Adwords campaign that pointed to your website you ended up with traffic to your website!
But then came a flood of complaints that visitors weren't BUYING anything when they got there.
The missing key to THAT problem is no relationship.
Enter FACEBOOK – a RELATIONSHIP driven platform.
Putting Facebook at the top of your online marketing funnel will put much more emphasis on RELATIONSHIP first and BUSINESS second.
So if you haven't understood Facebook marketing for your business before, hopefully these tips will whet your appetite to give it a go.
My Top 10 Facebook Marketing Tips
In the video above I walk you through these in more detail, but for those of you that love to copy and paste info and take notes, here they are in bullet point form:-
- Ideally you should be posting 2-4 times per day, every day
- You should use the 80/20 rule for increasing ENGAGEMENT
- Make it easy on yourself by creating a tip for the day to get started.
- Create a PINTEREST board for collecting ideas, content and inspiration.
- Make use of scheduling tools to schedule up your social media the day before.
- Talk back to people who Like and leave comments on your posts.
- Stop trying to sell something every time you post something on your Facebook page.
- Create a TIPS series that demonstrates your expertise in your niche.
- Use One Note, Evernote or Word to record your status updates for the next 12 months.
- Watch what type of content people RESPOND to and SHARE (then create more of that)
How To Create A Facebook Marketing Content Map?
Once you have grasped the basics (and see how easy this actually is) you will want to find a way to get organised about your social media updates every day.
Luckily for you I have created what I call a Facebook Content Map which takes ALL the elements of what I'm sharing in this blog post and video for you and rearranges them into a Facebook Content Map that will be your constant daily companion for scheduling up the RIGHT MIX of content at the RIGHT TIME every day.
***I've added a walk-through video to the Download Page for you so you know exactly what to do with it!**
The easiest way to get all the latest information on everything to do with creating an online marketing funnel for your business is to become a member of the Project Lifestyle Club where I'm making myself available to you to
- Facebook is your very best chance to lead with relationship first in your marketing.
- Start by posting 2-4 times a day or whatever you are willing to commit to.
- Have FUN with it! The more relaxed you are about Facebook the better it will become for your business.
To your online marketing success!